Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mt Cheeseman Race Clinic





Today I attended the Mt Cheeseman Race clinic Run by Grant Guise and Jane Harper. We worked on our transitions and went for a bit of a tour into Tarn Basin and then out to the wild west for a long lap. Bit tired to write too much, so here are a few photos from the day. Thanks everyone - really enjoyed your company today. Duncan, Kathy, Gillian, Tim,Grant and Jane.

My thanks to Grant and Jane for giving up one of their days off to run the clinic, and also thanks to Cheeseman for hosting the clinic and allowing uphillers onto their slopes!!

(I added this bit in later) As we were working on transitions, and we can all improve on these, I got to thinking 'how fast' should they be, so I watched some Skimo.org TV and timed their transitions ( I know, I missed the Rugby). So here goes: Skins off around 20-25 seconds. Skins on 40-45 seconds. I picked up a few tips during the day which will shave a few seconds on that time, so that plus the tour made it an awesome day.Incidentally, who has the fastest skin transition vlog? Rando Steve:55 seconds(while talking). Grant Guise 41 seconds. However --- The winner is--- Pierre Gignoux his 'repotage' is 40 seconds, and looks like he's going really slow!

4 comments:

GTG said...

Pierre is the master! Makes it look slow and easy........

Tim Ensor said...

and we enjoyed your company as well! Will do it again soon.

Duncan said...

Next time I'll bring my teles.

Arthur's Pass Outdoor Education Centre said...

Duncan look out buddy. We'll hold you to that this Saturday at Rainbow eh?